98 Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
“A Ready to Go” Residential Development Site
0.22ha (0.54 acres) with F.P.P. for 20 Luxurious Apartments
Superb Dublin 4 Address
No. 98 Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 is a prime development opportunity situated on Merrion Road close to the junction of Sandymount Avenue and Simmonscourt Road. The site area is regular in shape extends to c.0.22 hectare (c.0.54 acres) and has the benefit of Planning Permission for a 5-storey development for 20 large luxury apartments.
The existing property includes a detached 19 bedroom Guest house extending to a gross internal area of c.872 sqm available with vacant possession. The site has extensive road frontage to Merrion Road of approximately 33.5 metres with nearby neighbours include the British Embassy located directly across the road and the Intercontinental Hotel.
- Exceptional residential development site of approx. 0.22 hectare (0.54 acres)
- Ready to Go Site – F.P.P. for 20 luxurious apartments
- Large units: 3 x 3 Beds, 14 x 2 Beds, 3 x 1 Beds
- Highly desirable residential South Dublin address
- Close to the city centre, DART line and amenities
- Close to new Facebook Campus, RDS, Aviva Stadium, Restaurants & Hotels
- Designed by DeBlacam & Meagher Architects
The property is in close-proximity to many renowned amenities including the RDS, University College Dublin (UCD) Belfield Campus and the Aviva Stadium. Furthermore, the site is located within a strong employment catchment area with Facebook preparing their new HQ Campus which will see a workforce of around 3,500 staff move to the area on the former AIB Bank Centre site just 400m. from the site. This workforce is due to grow up to 7,000 in the coming years. Other well-known high-profile occupiers include Avolon Aircraft Leasing, Irish Distiller Pernod Ricard, Huawei, and Ion Trading Ireland all located closeby.
The area is very well served by transport links, with several bus routes close by and Sandymount DART Station is also within a 5-minute walk (400m) of the property.
The location boasts some of the City’s most exclusive homes on Shrewsbury Road, Ailesbury Road and Merrion Road which have been added to with a number of high-end apartment developments in the area. The area is also home to the Intercontinental Hotel, Clayton Hotel and Herbert Park Hotel, the Aviva Stadium together with the 13 hectare (34 acres) Herbert Park, one of Dublin’s best known Public Parks, on the Banks of the River Dodder.
In addition Ballsbridge has traditionally been the home of many foreign Embassies including the landmark American and British Embassies and many more.
PLANNING PERMISSION granted for 20 Luxurious Apartments
Register Reference 3671/17 and ABP-300672) – Planning Permission granted for a development to include:
- 20 large apartments totalling - 2,414.5 sq.m. (25,990 sq.ft.) net saleable area.
- 3 no. 3 bedroom penthouse apartments (200.0 to 220.0 sq.m.)
- 14 no. 2 bedroom apartments (106.0 to 115.0 sq.m.)
- 3 no. 1 bedroom apartments (68.5 to 76.0 sq.m.)
- Large balconies and terraces
- 24 basement parking spaces
- 20 cycle spaces
- 20 basement storage units
- Communal gardens.
BER: C3 (BER logo)
Further details: Contact: Nicholas Corson, Iain Finnegan or Mark McCormack at 01.614.7900.
Planning permissions, plans and images available on Data Room www.98merrionroad.ie