Distinguished Private Residence in Privileged Howth setting
Superb 6 bedroom detached family residence on c.1.25 acres set in lush gardens in the very private Thormanby Woods estate near Howth Summit.
No. 1 Thormanby Woods is a large distinguished family home in a privileged and private setting on Howth Head. Approach is by a sweeping tarmac driveway flanked by lush gardens. An elegant entrance leads to a large reception hall. The kitchen, dining room and conservatory are all south facing with direct access to the patio and private gardens from both the dining room and conservatory. There are 6 spacious bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, wc and a large snooker room or playroom. The large attic area is perfect for conversion to additional accommodation. This magnificent house was built in 1984 by the present owners and would make a superb family home. The patio areas and landscaped gardens on generous grounds were created by a well known garden designer. The property has spacious accommodation extending to c.312sq.m. (c.3,362sq.ft.) with additional attic space of c.83sq.m. (c.889sq.ft.).
- Beautifully presented large outdoor areas and landscaped gardens.
- South facing garden and patio off the kitchen, dining room and conservatory.
- Double garage with storage area and direct access to house.
- Outbuildings include walled area and outhouse suitable for workshop / stable / conversation to granny flat.
- Outline planning permission granted in 2002 for one additional house on the grounds.
- Privately situated at the end of small secluded cul de sac.
- Minutes walk from Howth Summit with its panoramic view of Dublin Bay.
- Local amenities include a sailing club, tennis club, golf courses and a variety of restaurants and bars located in Howth Village and West Pier.
- Beautiful walking routes, cliff walks and beaches close by.
- Three primary and three secondary schools in the area including private and multidenominational schools.
- Generously sized accommodation throughout.
- Regular rail and bus services to Dublin City Centre.
Plot: 1.25 Acres / 0.5 Hectares
Residential accommodation c. 312 sq.m 3,362 sq.ft
Attic Space c. 83 sq.m 889 sq.ft
Garage: c.7.45 x c.4.53m
Outhouse: c.8.25 x c.4.5m
Entrance Hall: c.5.899m x c.3.38m
Living Room: c.4.52m x c.5.96m
Cloakroom: c.1.88m x c.1.13m
Master Bedroom : c.4.0m x c.4.94m
Ensuite: c.2.08m x c.1.81m
Dressing Room: c.2.12m x c.1.88m
Bedroom 2: c.3.63m x c.4.20m
Bedroom 3: c.3.64m x c.4.20m
Bathroom: c.2.73m x c.3.04m
Bedroom 4 / Office: c.3.05m x c.4.21m
Playroom / Snooker Room: c.3.60m x c.6.50m
Kitchen: c.4.10m x c.5.22m
Back Hall wc: c.2.33m x 0.94m
Utility Room: c.2.65m x c.2.65m
Dining Room: c.3.89 x c.4.52m
Conservatory: c.3.3m x c.4.09m
Double Car Garage: c.6.55m x c.4.75m
Landing: c.4.193 x c.3.82m
Bedroom 5: c.5.65m x c.3.56m
Storage Room: c.2.36m x c.1.9m
Bathroom: c.2.88m x 1.71m
Bedroom 6: c.3.96m x 4.77m
Main Attic Space: c.13.8m x c.4m
Attic storage 1: c.5.09m x c.2.85m
Attic storage 2: c.4.99x c.2.59m
Double Garage: c.7.45 x c.4.53m
Outhouse: c.8.25 x c.4.5m
Patio Area c.4.69m x c.10m
Fuel Store / Garden Room: c.2.65m x c.1.36m
Wooded area with ash trees
Mature shrubs and hedging plants
External flood lights around house
Concrete Patio slabs with raised plant borders
Oil fired central heating with Firebird Popular 120 burner
Gated pedestrian side entrance on both sides of house
Three Cast iron 8 foot street lamps by Harte of Wexford
Mature Palm and Evergreen Trees
On View: Saturday 28th July – 12 to 1 p.m.
On View By Appointment.